Sunday, March 21, 2010

This was my first attempt at making red velvet (and also my first experience eating it!). It seemed to be so popular I figured I should finally try it myself and see what all the fuss was about.


Although it was quite tasty, I really don't think it lived up to the hype. To me it just tasted like a barely-chocolate-chocolate cake, plus all the red food coloring kind of put me off. I think next time I'm going to use the juice from muddled raspberries for colour (and flavor obviously!). I mean, how delicious is raspberry and chocolate together? Plus this way they're made with nothing artificial, which is what I want the core of TC to be.


Regardless, the cake was really moist and still had a lot of flavor. I topped off the little cakes with cinnamon cream cheese icing.
Thanks to Bakerella for the recipe!

1 comment: