Sunday, April 11, 2010

Rainbows pt. 2

Well after discovering those adorable rainbow cupcakes, I thought I'd give it a try with pastels for Easter. I certainly learned my lesson with portioning the batter to color it; in this case, less is NOT more. If and when I make these again I'm going to double the batch to make certain that I have enough of every colour to make enough cupcakes...I had a couple fall short of a few layers. Also, instead of using a spoon to drop in each color I'm going to use a piping bag next time. I'm sure it'll go a lot quicker, more cleanly and allow for better control of how much hits the pan.

The colours darkened as they baked which was a little disappointing (and surprising...) so they weren't as pastel as they were in the bowl, but I still think they were cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment